This is a Room & Zoom dual session
Time: 11-11:50 a.m.
Attendance Location: Room & Zoom
"Using Mixed Modalities for Inclusive Programming"
Facilitator: Allison Garver
Description: This session will share virtual events that Student Involvement & YAC offered in the past year and how we were able to engage with students that wouldn’t normally be able to attend our in-person events (distance learners, local students taking the bus, students with young children, etc). Utilizing technology can allow all of us to adapt workshops, student organization meetings, events, and programs to virtual or hybrid modes to allow all students the opportunity to participate live or afterward with examples of how our department plans to do that this coming year with our programs.
• Tips on re-imagining in-person events in a virtual or hybrid format while determining the best format for events
• Ideas for student organizations and programming departments to engage distance learners and others
• Resources available to assist with virtual or hybrid programming and student org operations such as Zoom, Kahoot, ‘Jacket Hub
"Using Forage for Real-World Experiential Learning"
Facilitator: Heather Rickerl
Description: UW-Superior Career Services collaborates with Forage, an organization that partners with Fortune 500 companies to provide 5-6 hour virtual work experience programs for students. Students can sign up on their own, or Forage can set up a course page with a unique URL, and you can select which experience(s) from Forage’s ~100 programs your students complete.
Participants will take away:
• An easy, free option for experiential learning that is accessible to all students who have an internet connection
• A resource that helps your students learn, develop, and/or hone the skills demanded and required by employers
• An opportunity for your students to connect with employers and connect their learning to occupations, both of which alumni say are important for their career development (National Alumni Career Mobility Survey, 2021)