Instructors are invited to schedule an information literacy session, taught by a librarian, for their students. Each session is tailored to meet the unique requirements of a specific course assignment. Library instruction can be scheduled for the duration of class, a portion of class, and/or the librarian can collaborate on curriculum/assignments to help students become more information literate. Common topics include finding resources using the library's databases, avoiding plagiarism through citation, evaluating online sources, brainstorming research topics, and identifying peer reviewed and scholarly sources.
To learn more about your options for library instruction, please visit this webpage or contact Stephanie Warden, our Information Literacy Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For instructors who wish to invite a librarian to collaborate within their Canvas course, you can easily add a librarian following these instructions:
1. From your Canvas course, select "People" from the Navigation column on the left-hand side of your course.
2. Click on the yellow "+People" button on the right-hand side of the page.
3. In the box provided, enter the email address of the librarian you would like to add to your course. Please note that this must be an official UW-Superior email address.
4. Select your preferred role from the "Role" drop-down menu. This will depend on if you would like the librarian to be able to add course content, interact with students, comment on their assignments, or publish course content. You may refer to the University of Wisconsin system's webpage here for more information about each type of Canvas role available at UW-Superior.
5. Canvas will validate that the person is in the system and ready to be added to your course. Select "Add Users."
6. You will receive confirmation that the person has been enrolled to the course. You can then add additional people by selecting "Add more users" or finish by selecting "Done."