Students and faculty advisors submit student theses and supporting materials to the MINDS librarian using Learn@UW. Here's how:
If you are completing your thesis this semester, or if you are the faculty advisor for a student who is completing their thesis this semester, you should see a link in your Learn@UW entitled MINDS@UW-Superior. If this does not appear in your Learn@UW, please contact Shana Aue immediately. This is where you will submit your thesis for publication in MINDS.
What you need:
1. Grant of Permission form completed by the student. Please follow the link to complete this form.
2. Approval Page signed by the appropriate people in your department. A blank Approval Page and sample Approval Page are available for download in the right-hand boxes on this page. You may alter the approval page to fit your department's needs. Please scan this page and submit it as a PDF document.
3. Metadata Page completed by the student. A blank Metadata Page and sample Metadata Page are available for download in the right-hand boxes on this page. Please submit this as a Word document.
4. The student thesis. Please submit this as a PDF document.
5. Let Shana know you have a video presentation that needs to be submitted. She'll work with you to make sure the file is in the correct format.
What you need to do:
1. Fill out the Grant of Permission form.
2. Let Shana know you have a video presentation that needs to be submitted. She'll work with you to make sure the file is in the correct format.
3. Submit your Approval Page, Metadata Page, and Thesis to your MINDS@UW-Superior D2L dropbox. If you are unsure of how to do this, please follow the instructions on this page entitled "How to Submit Your Thesis to MINDS Through Learn@UW-Superior." Documents may be submitted by the student or their faculty advisor.
4. Relax and wait for an email confirmation that your thesis has been published in MINDS.
If you are completing your thesis this semester, or if you are a faculty advisor for a student who is completing their thesis this semester, you should see a MINDS@UW-Superior link when you log in to Learn@UW-Superior. If you do not see this link, contact Shana Aue as soon as possible.
When you click on the MINDS@UW-Superior link, you will se D2L environment very similar to those you use for classes. You will see instructions on submitting your thesis for publication in MINDS - review them if necessary. You will submit your thesis, Metadata Page, and Approval Page through the Dropbox.
There are two folders in the Dropbox: one for your Thesis and Metadata Page, and one for your Approval Page. The student or their faculty advisor can submit to either of these folders - whatever is easiest.
Upload materials to the Dropbox just as you would for class: by uploading files, or by dragging and dropping. Then hit Add.
Once you have added your files, hit Submit. Repeat this process for both the Thesis and Metadata Page folder and the Approval Page folder. You're done! Shana will contact you when your thesis is successfully published in MINDS.